Over time we have tried various methods to clean gutters with gutter guard systems in place. We have only come up with one way to clean them without voiding the warranty or affecting the integrity of the gutter system. If you have some type of gutter guard system in place, the six steps below will outline how we can clean your gutters.
- We clean the top of the guards off, removing any debris that has accumulated.
- All debris is removed from the roof valleys, only going up as far as the technician can reach using a pole.
- We use a pressure washing wand or hose sprayer to clean below the gutter guard system and push the debris towards the downspout. We take care to remove this debris before it enters the downspout and then we thoroughly flush the downspout as a good preventative measure.
- If the downspouts have an underground pipeline to channel the water, we remove the piping from the downspout end to prevent clogging from any gutter debris (we are not responsible for cleaning the underground gutter piping).
- We then rinse any overspray or debris off the outside of the gutter, fascia, windows, siding, etc.
- Finally, we bag and remove any debris from the landscape, the bottom of the downspouts, roof valleys, and gutter system.